From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : SANKAL Scheme
Mains level : Various initiatives for skill education
- Minister of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has reviewed the World Bank loan assisted “Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) programme.
Why in news?
- All 36 States/ UTs across country have submitted their consent for participation in SANKALP.
- In addition to these State grants of Rs 10 lakh each also released to 117 aspirational districts under Aspirational Skilling Abhiyaan.
- SANKALP is an outcome-oriented centrally sponsored programme of Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) with a special focus on decentralized planning and quality improvement.
- The project is implemented with the support of World Bank monetarily in line with the objectives of National Skills Development Mission (NSDM).
- It focuses on the overall skilling ecosystem covering both Central & State agencies.
- Under SANKALP four key result areas have been identified viz:
- Institutional Strengthening (at National, State & District level)
- Quality Assurance Quality Assurance of skill development programs
- Inclusion of marginalized population in skill development and
- Expanding Skills through Public Private Partnerships (PPPs)
Posted on | PIB