From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : SARAS Aajeevika Mela
Mains level : Impact of DAY-NRLM
SARAS Aajeevika Mela
- It is an initiative by the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM), Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD).
- Its objective is to bring the rural women SHGs formed with support of DAY-NRLM, under one platform to show-case their skills, sell their products and help them build linkages with bulk buyers.
- Through participation in SARAS Aajeevika Mela, these rural SHG women get vital national level exposure to understand the demand and taste of urban customers.
- The Mela acts as an integrated approach towards women empowerment.
- It is organised by the marketing arm of the Ministry, Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology (CAPART).
Posted on | Custom