Mains Paper 2: IR | India & its neighborhood- relations
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: SIDCOP
Mains level: Sino-Indian technology collaboration
Sino-Indian Digital Collaboration Plaza (SIDCOP)
- The SIDCOP initiative to bring Indian IT companies and Chinese enterprises closer to each other on a single AI enabled platform was launched on 10th January 2019.
- This is a partnership by National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) with Municipal Governments of Guiyang and Dalian , China.
- A Joint Venture comprising of one Indian and Chinese company has been tasked with the running of the platform.
- SIDCOP is a boundary-less marketplace offers this opportunity for Chinese enterprises in order to assist them in operational optimization and adopting industry best practices in business solutions.
- Indian IT enterprises are world renowned for their expertise in business transformation and operational optimization by using IT tools in complex business environments.
- This platform could be useful to connect with top providers from India and help Chinese enterprises source the right solution providers for their projects.