From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : SkillsBuild platform
Mains level : Various initiatives for skill education
- The Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched the SkillsBuild platform in collaboration with IBM.
- As part of the programme, a two-year advanced diploma in IT, networking and cloud computing, co-created and designed by IBM will be offered at the ITIs & National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs).
- The platform will be extended to train ITI & NSTI faculty on building skills in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- The platform is deployed with the support of leading NGOs like Unnati and Edunet Foundation.
- IBM Volunteers along with the NGOS will offer students personalized coaching and experiential learning opportunities.
- The digital platform will provide a personal assessment of the cognitive capabilities and personality via MyInnerGenius to the students.
- They will then learn foundational knowledge about digital technologies, as well as professional skills such as resume-writing, problem solving and communication.
- Students will alsos receive recommendations on role-based education for specific jobs that include technical and professional learning.
About “New Collar Curriculum” initiative
- IBM joined hands with Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in early 2018 to launch a first-of-its kind ‘New Collar Curriculum’.
- This initiative is part of IBM’s global commitment to create a job-ready workforce and to build the next generation of skills needed for new collar careers.
Posted on | PIB