From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : Solidarity Human Chain, WHO
Mains level : Not Much
Solidarity Human Chain
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare along with World Health Organization (WHO) formed a Solidarity Human Chain as part of the World Health Day celebrations.
- It aims to reaffirm their commitment to bridging gaps and working collaboratively towards Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- April 7 of each year marks the celebration of World Health Day.
- This year’s World Health Day will focus on equity and solidarity.
- From its inception at the First Health Assembly in 1948 and since taking effect in 1950, the celebration has aimed to create awareness of a specific health theme to highlight a priority area of concern for the WHO.
- Over the past 50 years this has brought to light important health issues such as mental health, maternal and child care, and climate change.
Posted on | PIB