Mains Paper 3: Indian Economy | Issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Udyam Abhilasha
Mains level: Promoting Startup Ecosystem in India
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), had launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign, Udyam Abhilasha in 115 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog.
- The campaign would create and strengthen cadre of more than 800 trainers to provide entrepreneurship training to the aspiring youths across these districts.
- SIDBI has partnered with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle, (CSC SPV) set up by the Ministry of Electronics & IT, Govt. of India for implementing the campaign.
- SIDBI is also taking-up with stakeholders including Banks, NABARD, NBFCs, SFBs, District Industries Centres, State Govt. etc. to be a part of this campaign and ensure multifold impact.
Objectives of the Campaign
The objectives of the missionary campaign includes:
- to inspire rural youth in Aspirational districts to be entrepreneurs by assisting them to set up their own enterprise,
- to impart trainings through digital medium across the country,
- to create business opportunities for CSC VLEs,
- to focus on women aspirants in these Aspirational districts to encourage women entrepreneurship and
- to assist participants to become bankable and avail credit facility from banks to set up their own enterprise.
Role of Village Level entrepreneurs
- CSC VLEs would play role of catalyst for these aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Apart from training, VLEs would also provide handholding support to the aspirants to establish new units by assisting them in availing loans for their enterprise.
- They will help making youth aware about various initiatives of Government of India like Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, SUI etc.
Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- It is the Principal Financial Institution for the Promotion, Financing, Development and Coordination of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector.
- SIDBI meets the financial and developmental needs of the MSME sector with a Credit+ approach to make it strong, vibrant and globally competitive.
- SIDBI, under its revamped strategy SIDBI 2.0, has adopted the theme of ease of access to MSEs and being Impact Multiplier & Digital Aggregator.