Mains Paper 1: Indian Society | Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: WWW campaign
Mains level: Role of Social Media in Women Empowerment
- The Union WCD has launched an online campaign, ‘#www : Web- Wonder Women’.
Web-Wonder Women Campaign
- Indian women have always been enterprising and have created a positive impact on society with their hard-work, experience and knowledge.
- #www: WebWonderWomen is a campaign to specially honour and encourage such voices that have in their own capacity driven a positive impact on social media platforms.
- The Campaign’s Partners aim to recognize the fortitude of Indian women stalwarts from across the globe that has used the power of social media to run positive & niche campaigns to steer a change in society.
Rules for Nomination
- The Campaign invites Entries via Nominations from across the world, as per the laid out criteria.
- Indian-origin women, working or settled anywhere in the world, are eligible for nomination.
- The shortlisted entries will be open for public voting on Twitter and the finalists will be selected by a specialized panel of judges.
- Nominations have been invited in a large number of categories including Health, Media, Literature, Art, Sports, Environmental protection, fashion among others.