Mains Paper 3: Science & Technology | Awareness in the fields of IT, Space etc.
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: Young Scientists Programme
Mains level: Read the attached story
Young Scientist Programme
- ISRO has launched a special programme for School Children called “Young Scientist Programme” “YUva VIgyani KAryakram from this year.
- The Program is primarily aimed at imparting basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications to the younger ones with the intent of arousing their interest in the emerging areas of Space activities.
- The residential training programme will be of around two weeks duration during summer holidays and it is proposed to select 3 students each from each State/ UTs to participate in this programme covering state, CBSE, and ICSE syllabus.
- Those who have just finished 9th standard (in the academic year 2018-19) and waiting to join 10th standard (or those who have started 10th Std just now) will be eligible for the programme.
- The selection will be based on the 8th Std marks.
- Students belonging to the rural area have been given special weightage in the selection criteria.