Skip to the content
- News: 3-day Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger Conservation will be inaugurated by PM on April 12, 2016.
- Context: This is the third such conference on tiger conservation
- Pre-Meeting: Environment Ministry held a meeting as a prelude to the 3rd Asia Ministerial Conference (3 AMC) on Tiger Conservation
- Attended by: Representatives of 4 Tiger Range countries (TRCs) – Bhutan, Indonesia, Malaysia and Russia
- Relevance: There are only 13 countries that have the pride of having tigers in the wild and tiger-bearing areas in the world.
- Way ahead: All TRCs will share their good practices and success stories, thereby contributing towards the cause of conservation of the magnificent species