The President of India inaugurated the Counter-Terrorism Conference- 2016 at Jaipur.
- Speaking on the occasion, the President said that terrorism is undoubtedly the single gravest threat that humanity is facing today.
- It is imperative that the world acts in unison against terrorism, without political considerations.
- An important aspect of counter-terrorism strategy is capacity building to prevent attacks.
- Through intelligence collection and collation, development of technological capabilities, raising of Special Forces and enactment of special laws.
- The predominant focus has to be on the political management of terrorism.