Make it creative, encourage risk-taking and expand the idea of success.
- We put starting salaries and entrance exams on a pedestal and force a singular definition of success down our collective throats.
- It skews our incentives and priorities in unhealthy ways.
- Education should be about a holistic exposure to all facets of life .
- It should be a force for peace, a means to overcoming prejudice?
- We need to build an education system that values creativity, makes a deliberate effort to spark thoughtfulness and independent thinking, teaches students how to learn, guides the development of a strong moral compass.
- Creativity in education has to do with a constructivist approach to education, where learning is an active rather than the passive receiving of information.
- A society that values multiple intelligences, encourages exploration, accepts failure, prizes environmental conscientiousness, and allows people to define success on their terms.