- India is looking at Africa to spruce up its oil and gas imports as it seeks to diversify its energy basket.
- Recently, Saudi Arabia has decided to charge a premium for the oil it sells to Asian customers.
- It would be charging Asian customers 60 cents a barrel more for crude oil during February.
- The upcoming 4th India-Africa Hydrocarbon Summit will help in moving this forward.
- Africa already contributes around 15% of India’s oil needs and Nigeria is one of the top providers of oil to India.
Posted on | The Hindu