Skip to the content
- In a sharp criticism of the highest judiciary, the Centre said – there is no place for merit.
- Mukul Rohtagi gave the examples of apex courts in countries such as the USA where the Chief Justice was the youngest among the sitting judges.
- Wording of Section 5 (1) of the NJAC Act seems vague.
- The provision dealing with the appointment of the Chief Justice of India says the senior-most judge would be appointed CJI, provided he is “fit.”
- “What does fit mean here? Does this mean a person is suitable if he is fit or strong?”