The committee would also look into the CBFC’s staffing pattern so as to recommend a framework for efficient, transparent and user-friendly services.
- Call it a sign of no-confidence in Pahlaj Nihalani, Chairman, Central Board of Film Certification, or an attempt to suggest corrective measures.
- Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry constituted a committee, headed by Shyam Benegal.
- To suggest measures to help Board members understand the nuances of film certification.
- UPA government had set up a panel headed by Mukul Mudgal, to recommend good certification processes and measures to revamp the CBFC.
- Mr. Benegal committee will recommend the broad guidelines and procedures under the Cinematograph Act for the benefit of the chairperson and members of the screening committee.