- With a population of around 6 lakhs, the state also known as the Land of Flower, will now be known for its Organic initiative too.
- Over the years around 75000 hectares of land in the state has been converted into certified organic farms.
- Following the guidelines as prescribed by National Programme for Organic Production.
- Within 1.24 million tonnes of organic production in the country around 80000 million is supplied by Sikkim alone.
- With this, Sikkim now joins hands with the organic states of the foreign countries like California, Wisconsin among others.
Posted on | The Economic Times