Skip to the content
- Gujarat & Rajasthan are the frontrunners – account for >50% India’s grid connected solar energy capacity additions.
- The Indian government has set an ambitious target of adding 100,000 MW by 2022.
- The plan would include large scale deployment of rooftop projects under both net metering and feed in metering.
- Secondly, the Government would lay emphasis on grid connected projects to achieve 40,000 MW by 2022. Solar parks have to be set up in.
- Thirdly, the Centre should focus on large scale projects (100 MW minimum).