- Context: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s recent visit to Sri Lanka
- Background: India and Sri Lanka signed the 1987 Accord, whose outcome was the 13th Amendment
- Issue: Whether and to what extent India should be involved in the Sri Lanka’s ongoing constitutional reform process
- What is India’s stand? – India is pressing that it should be implemented fully.
- What’s in the Amendment? – It paves the way for the establishment of Provincial Councils all over the country
Posted on | The Hindu