HRD Ministry, DST to join hands to set up over 75 startup support hubs.
- The Start-Up India mission to be unveiled by Prime Minister includes an ambitious plan.
- To create a network of startup centres, technology business incubators and research parks, to take the startup culture beyond the top-tier education institutions such as IITs and IIMs.
- From about 70 incubators set up by the government between 2001 and 2014, we have now crossed 100 incubators.
- As per the plan, the HRD Ministry and the Science and Technology Ministry would share the costs for setting up startup centres in these institutions.
- The Science and Technology Ministry would bear 100 per cent cost to set up business incubators in institutes like NITs.