Mains Paper 3: Disaster Management | Disaster and disaster management.
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: DRF
Mains level: Enhancing preparedness for disaster management.
Disaster Response Force (DRF) vehicles
- The Telangana Government has launched Disaster Response Force (DRF) vehicles in Hyderabad to combat situations like flash floods, heavy rains, building collapse and fire mishaps.
- The vehicles will be parked at 24 locations with Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) DRF staff and will be pressed into action at the time of need.
- Hyderabad is also the second city to have an exclusive Enforcement Vigilance Disaster Management wing.
Enhancing Preparedness for disaster
- The main aim behind the initiative is that the state should have its own disaster force.
- The force has been trained in tackling urban flooding, tree falls, structural collapses and any other site of emergencies.
- The team is capable to work continuously during emergencies.
- The disaster personal will be available on the field for 24/7.