The ammunitions have been developed by Pune based DRDO laboratories Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL).
- DRDO successfully conducted test firing of new tank ammunition Penetration-Cum Blast (PCB) and Thermobaric (TB) Ammunition.
- A specially designed for Arjun Tank at Chandipur, Odisha on 6th Jan 2016.
- An innovative chemical composition has been developed by HEMRL after extensive research for the TB ammunition.
- During the development phase, these ammunitions were extensively evaluated against different simulated targets viz., armour plates, concrete structures and fortifications.
- The trials were unique as for the first time such evaluation is carried out in India.