Country burns one-seventh of the coal consumed by the top two nations: Prakash Javadekar.
- India asked developed countries how their economies could grow without growth in India and other developing nations.
- India is being asked for a peaking date for coal use.
- As China has provided, and urged to adopt a five-yearly periodic review of its national emission reduction pledges.
- In absolute terms, the United States and many other countries had more emissions from coal than India did.
- The BASIC group — India, China, Brazil and South Africa, will have a meeting, apparently to forge a consensus and resist some of the pressures from the developed world.