Skip to content
- AMRUT is the new avatar of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
- AMRUT adopts a project approach to ensure basic infrastructure services relating to water supply, transportation and development of green spaces.
- Under this mission, 10% of the budget allocation will be given to states and union territories as incentive based on the achievement of reforms during the previous year.
- AMRUT will be implemented in 500 locations with a population of one lakh and above.
- Central assistance will be to the extent of 50% of project cost for cities and towns with >10 lakh population.