Skip to the content
- With an average age of 29, India’s population is in the middle of a demographic boom.
- In 2014, 93% of India’s workforce was in the unorganised sector.
- Primary challenges – Increase the employability + shift labour from agricultural to non-agricultural jobs + social security measures.
- Low wages, limited security – Rurban jobs don’t offer much better + Women have difficulty participating in the industries.
- Reforms at slow pace – India’s labour law regime & the ease of doing business have always been at loggerheads.