Such tests would progress quickly as the life span of the Aedes aegypti mosquito was 15 days.
- Gangabishan Bhikulal Investment and Trading Ltd. (GBIT), a sister company of the Maharashtra Hybrid Company (Mahyco)
- It is planning to scale up trials to find out whether genetically engineered mosquitoes can be a useful tool to check the growth of the insect
- It should be noted here that GBIT was the company that first brought Bt cotton to India
- Now, GBIT has been breeding male mosquitoes
- The company is expected to ask the take the government’s permission to start larger trials later this year