Mains Paper 2: IR | Important International institutions, agencies & fora, their structure, mandate
From UPSC perspective, the following things are important:
Prelims level: World Govt. Summit
Mains level: Read the attached story
- Global leaders gathered in Dubai for the World Government Summit, a forum dedicated to “shaping the future of governments”.
World Government Summit
- The World Government Summit is a global platform dedicated to shaping the future of governments worldwide.
- It is an annual summit held in Dubai, UAE.
- It is a neutral, non-profit organization at the intersection of government and innovation.
- It functions as a knowledge exchange platform for leaders in the public and private sectors to convene and collaborate with world-renowned experts to create a positive impact for citizens worldwide.
- Each year, the Summit sets the agenda for the next generation of governments, focusing on how they can harness innovation and technology to solve universal challenges facing humanity.
- The Museum of the Future is one of the famous exhibitions within the World Government Summit.