- The Adani Group opened the world’s largest single location solar power plant in Tamil Nadu
- It will produce 648MW of electricity
- The plant is at Kamuthi in Ramanathapuram district
- Has been connected to a 400 kilo volts substation of Tamil Nadu Transmission Corp.
- Built at a cost of around Rs.4,550 crore
- Significance: A plant of this magnitude reinstates the country’s ambitions of becoming one of the leading green energy producers in the world
Discuss: Remember National Solar Mission? A good time to go back and revise now!