The importance of essays for the exam cannot be underscored
While the performance of students is more or less the same in GS papers (especially 1,2,3), they have an excellent shot at scoring over 150+ in essays which could spearhead them to the top
Practising essays can also be the best way to consolidate what you’ve read so far and make good revision notes helping you for both prelims and mains GS papers as well
Writing good essays can be very challenging. Time and again we’ve received many queries from students like
1. Reviews provide additional points but don’t address the inherent shortcomings and deficiency in my skills
2. Will reading ready-made sample essays help me prepare for essays?
3. Don’t know how to start an essay, how to organize one.
4. Can we do well in essays without practicing by re-using our GS paper knowledge alone?
5. Is there a universal format that I can stick to?
That’s why we’ve invested a great deal of energy to create a program the likes of which are offered by no one else
What are we offering and how is it unique?
We’ve innovated at every step of the process.
1. An innovative methodology for reviews
Our biggest innovation lies in our review methodology
We have designed the most comprehensive *color-coded review system*
Specific portions of your essay will be highlighted with specific colors to indicate issues in essay writing
1. Red – FUNDAMENTAL FLAWS like judgments/strong postures which need to be avoided at all costs.
2. Blue – LINKS AND FLOWS
3. Pink – STRUCTURE is not maintained.
4. Yellow – LANGUAGE AND EXPRESSION
5. Light green – GENERAL SUGGESTIONS for candidates.
6. Green – APPRECIATION for certain points.
Along with this, Sir will also leave specific reviews on strengths and weaknesses
Other institutes suggest additional points which can be googled by the student himself or point out superficial flaws like not sticking to the topic. They don’t necessarily highlight the shortcomings in the essay. This adds very little value to students. We go much beyond that and help students fix major flaws in their essays.
2. More precise topic selection
Our research tells us there are 8 broad themes of essays being asked since 2010.
3. Women Issues
5. Science & Tech
We plan to develop your competencies in each of these themes so you are extremely well prepared for the exam
We will have 12 tests in total where you will get to write 24 essays, 3 from each theme.
3. Sample Structure + Video discussion + discussion on different styles through which the essay could be attempted.
Sir will discuss the topic in considerable depth, appropriate structure, pitfalls to avoid, etc.
Along with that, Sir will also discuss copies presenting different styles in which the essays could be attempted
This component of the program is the most important
Students have an incorrect impression that going through a sample essay will somehow help them write better essays. This is absolutely incorrect
While this strategy works for GS because there is a good chance of the question being repeated, with essays it is not true. You have to understand that the broader theme of the essay might be similar but the topics are always unique and require to be tackled differently
To develop your competency in tackling different topics, you have to be able to come up with appropriate structures This aspect of the program addresses this issue
The expectation from you would be that you study the videos in detail and try to address the shortcomings in your essays. Should doubts still persist, contact us and we will help get them resolved
See sample essay topics and video discussion on same here:
4. Good essay copies with reviews
You will be provided with good essay copies with reviews to serve as sample answers. This is a better alternative than sample answers which are hastily written and at times not updated with latest figures.
5. Improvement tracking excel
Your essays will be marked on the following parameters.
- Comprehension of the topic
- Language and Expression
- Structure and Organisation of thought.
- Objectivity and Biases. Balance of perception
- Attitude whether learner or judgmental
- Focus and attention
- Content and Source matter, Knowledge and information processing capability
- Ability to forge links in an interdisciplinary manner
- The simplicity of disposition
- Observational Skills
We’d suggest students maintain a copy of the following excel sheet and keep a track of their performance. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12A0G3ypGls8J4tAzcvvg9bKol3vnqPuEj60Ap0E8yp4/edit?usp=sharing
6. Besides these, you will be given the following
>CD Current Affairs Monthly Magazines.
>Any additional material that we release for essays.
What will be the program structure?
Total of 12 tests (24 essays), 3 for each theme
The program starts on 10th February
Paper will be made live every Saturday. Discussion video will be posted after 2 weeks from the date of the test
Before Prelims – 4 Tests (8 essays)
-Topics will be chosen from previous year papers that have relevance even today. This will establish your baseline performance.
-It is very important that you understand the uniqueness of topics and expectation of the essays. No better way than to attempt previous year questions and get them reviewed.
-Our reviews & videos will help you deepen your understanding of the Essay Paper.
After Prelims – 8 Tests (12 essays)
-On topics with the highest probability of appearing in the exam
About K Siddhartha Sir
K.Siddhartha Sir (www.ksiddhartha.com) is a strategic thinker who has written 42 books on various subjects. Apart from being associated with the coaching industry till 2012, he has been an advisor to various Governments on educational reforms. His interdisciplinary knowledge remains unmatched in the industry.
An academician of international acclaim and a Mentor (who has had a direct hand in the grooming of over 1500 successful Civil Servants) of his stature has the power to elevate your essays to the next level.
We made the decision simpler for you –