From UPSC perspective, the following things are important :
Prelims level : ASEEM Portal
Mains level : Atmanirbhar Bharat
Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched Aatmanirbhar Skilled Employee-Employer Mapping (ASEEM) portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
There are various web/portals/apps with peculiar names such as YUKTI, DISHA, SWAYAM etc. Their core purpose is similar with slight differences. Pen them down on a separate sheet.
- ASEEM refers to all the data, trends and analytics which describe the workforce market and map demand of skilled workforce to supply.
- It is developed and managed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Bengaluru-based Company named Betterplace.
- It is an AI-based portal which will map details of workers based on regions and local industry demands and will bridge the demand-supply gap of skilled workforce across sectors.
- It will provide employers with a platform to assess the availability of a skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.
- It will also provide real-time granular information by identifying relevant skilling requirements and employment prospects.