Q.1) Recently the International Conference on Sustainable Water Management was held. With reference to this conference, which of the given statements is/are correct?
- The conference was organized by NITI Aayog.
- It aims to create awareness of water-related problems at local, regional, national and international levels.
Select the correct codes from following options:
a) Both 1 and 2
b) Only 1
c) Only 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
Inspired by: [pib] 1st International Conference on Sustainable Water Management
Q.2) Consider the following statements with respect to the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940:
- The Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) regulates the import, manufacture and sale of medicines and medical devices.
- All the medical equipments and medicines registered under the act are certified by set the Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS)
- Even Nebulizers and Blood Pressure monitoring devices are also included in the act.
Which of the given statements is/are correct?
a) Only 1
b) 1 and 2
c) 1 and 3
d) All are correct
Inspired by: Four new devices notified as drugs for regulation
Q.3) With reference to the National Register of Citizens of India (NRC), which of the given statements is/are incorrect?
- It is a register containing names of all genuine Indian citizens residing in the states of Assam, Nagaland and Manipur.
- The register was first prepared after the 1951 Census of India.
- For NRC issue, the Citizenships Act of 1955 was never amended.
Select the correct alternative:
a) 2 and 3
b) 1 and 3
c) Only 2
d) Only 3
Inspired by: Centre amends rules for minorities from three nations
Q.4) The Talc or Talcum used in talcum powders is a metamorphized form of salts of:
d) None of these
Inspired by: Report on ‘toxic’ talc worries India
Q.5) Target 5A sometimes seen in news is related to:
b) Food Security
d) Gender Equality
Inspired by: [op-ed snap] She is the answer
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here