Q.1) Which of the given statements is/are correct?
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is a group of 121 solar resource-rich countries with headquarters in Gurugram, India.
- It was launched in 2015 at India Africa Summit.
- The agreement was opened for signature during the COP21 at Paris on November 15, 2016.
- The organisation aims to deploy over 1,000 gigawatt of solar energy and mobilise more than USD 1,000 billion into solar power by 2030.
Select the correct code:
a) 1, 2 and 3
b) 1, 2 and 4
c) 1 and 4
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
Inspired by: Argentina becomes 72nd country to sign solar agreement
Q.2) The National Survey on Extent and Pattern of Substance Use in India which shows the menace of narcotic drugs in India was recently released by:
a) NITI Aayog
b) National Drug Dependence Treatment Centre
Inspired by: [pib] National Survey on Extent and Pattern of Substance Use in India
Q.3) Which of the given statements about the Start-up Runway Initiative is/are correct?
- It is a unique concept initiated by GeM to promote entrepreneurship through innovation.
- Any startup with unique features can offer their products/services for procurement on GeM.
- The initiative aligns with Government’s philosophy to turn Job-seekers into job-creators.
Select the correct alternative:
a) All are correct
b) 1 and 2
c) 1 and 3
d) Only 1
Inspired by: [pib] GeM Start-up Runway and SWAYATT Initiative
Q.4) The KUSUM Scheme sometimes seen in news is related to:
a) MSME sector
b) Textiles Sector
d) Solar Power
Inspired by: [pib] KUSUM Scheme
Q.5) Recently Australia has declared Bramble Cay Melomys, a specie native to the Great Barrier Reef extinct which is a:
a) Coral Polyp
c) Sea Weed
Inspired by: The Hindu
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here