Q.1) Consider the following statements:
- India is a signatory to the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide .
- Article V of the Convention obligates all contracting parties to enact within their respective constitutions the necessary legislation to give effect to the provisions of the Convention.
- India has not ratified the convention yet.
Which of the given statements is/are correct?
a) Only 2
b) 1 and 2
c) 1 and 3
d) All are correct
Inspired by: [op-ed snap] A duty great and grave
Q.2) Recently the Information Fusion Centre – Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR) was established at:
d) None of these
Inspired by: [pib] Information Fusion Centre – Indian Ocean Region (IFC-IOR)
Q.3) Which of the following is not a targeted beneficiary of the Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) scheme?
a) Landless Labourer
d) None of the above
Inspired by: Odisha’s KALIA to attack poverty
Q.4) Consider the following statements about the GST Council:
- It is a constitutional body for making recommendations to the Union and State Government on issues related to Goods and Service Tax.
- Article 304 of the constitution provides for the establishment of GST Council.
- GST council shall only decide the dates from which GST should be levied on Petroleum products.
Which of the given statements is/are incorrect?
a) 1 and 2
b) 2 and 3
c) Only 2
d) Only 3
Inspired by: GST rate cut slashed on 20+ items
Q.5) The Death Watch Data, a report on killings of media persons worldwide is released by:
a) International Press Institute
b) Red Cross International
c) Reporters Without Borders
d) Fourth Estate Public Benefit Corporation
Inspired by: Press freedom under attack around the world in 2018: Death Watch Data
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here