Q.1) Why is the tree Terminalia Arjuna sometimes finds mention in the news?
a) It is invasive specie
b) It is used as cosmetic
c) Smuggled for timber
d) It has medicinal uses
Inspired by: Arjuna Tree
Q.2) Consider the following statements:
- The RUCO (Repurpose Used Cooking Oil) initiative aims for collection and conversion of used cooking oil to bio-diesel.
- It is an initiative of FSSAI.
- It wants businesses using more than 100 litres of oil for frying, to maintain a stock register.
Which of the given statements is/are correct?
a) All are correct
b) Only 2
c) 1 and 2
d) 2 and 3
Inspired by: Used Cooking oil as aviation fuel
Q.3) The government of India has decided to roll out a public Domain Name Server, or DNS, for India aimed at providing a faster and more secure browsing experience for Internet users in the country. With respect to this DNS, which of the given statements is/are not correct?
- The roll-out will be executed by the National Informatics Centre – the technology arm of the government.
- NIC is already using its own DNS within the government network.
- Every user in India will be mandated to shift to India public DNS to secure their personal data.
Select the correct alternative:
a) 1, 2 and 3
b) 2 and 3
c) 1 and 2
d) Only 1
Inspired by: India to have own DNS for safe browsing
Q.4) Which of the following is not the aim of All India Citizens Survey of Police Services?
a) Gauge the level of non-reporting of crimes or incidents to Police
b) The position on ground relating to crime reporting & recording
c) To assess citizens’ perception and experience about women and children’s safety
d) Disposal of cases
Inspired by: [pib] All India Citizens Survey of Police Services
Q.5) The Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan is an initiative of:
a) Madhya Pradesh
Inspired by: Business Standard
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here