We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
[op-ed snap] A new India for farmers
National Data Warehouse
VG Kannan committee to review ATM pricing
Jalan panel defers report on RBI surplus funds
Cabinet approves ratification of OECD’s multilateral convention to check tax evasion
[op-ed snap] Faint glimmer: On revival in industrial activity
[pib] Kimberley Process Certification Scheme
Enviro & Biodiversity
Arabian Sea Cyclones
ICAT Releases India’s 1st BS – VI Certificate in 2W Segment
Arctic Kelps: Underwater forests in the Arctic
[op-ed snap] Squandering the gender dividend
[op-ed snap] Saving childhoods
Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) outbreak in Bihar
[op-ed snap] Starting at three: On RTE progress
[pib] Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2019
[op-ed snap] Bureaucracy reboot
Abujh Maria PVTGs
[op-ed snap] Too good to be true’
E-Foreigner Tribunal (e-FT)
[Op-ed snap] Welcome measure
[op-ed snap] Foreign policy challenges five years later
What SCO summit means for India’s global and regional interests
Explained: Appointment of the Pro-tem Speaker
[pib] President’s (not Governor’s) Rule in J&K
[pib] New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Bill, 2019
[op-ed snap] Artificial Intelligence, the law and the future
New paper-based test kit for Malaria Detection
Defence Space Research Agency (DSRA)
Spectrum-Roentgen-Gamma telescope to create a 3D X-ray map of Universe
ISRO plans to launch a space station
Chaukhandi Stupa declared to be “of national importance”
[op-ed snap] A home in space
Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV)
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Chandrayaan-2 Mission
- New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Bill, 2019
- Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) outbreak in Bihar
- Kimberley Process Certification Scheme
- Project Sashakt
- A new India for farmers
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.