We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
This Week’s Hottest Stories
Climate Change Impact on India and World- International Reports, Key Observations, etc. (5 Newscards)
Wildlife Conservation Efforts (3 Newscards)
Electoral Reforms In India (3 Newscards)
Indian Navy Updates (2 Newscards)
Judiciary Institutional Issues (2 Newscards)
Foreign Policy Watch: India-United States (2 Newscards)
Health Sector – UHC, National Health Policy, Family Planning, Health Insurance, etc. (2 Newscards)
[op-ed snap] Resolving India’s banking crisis
Lakshadweep recruits Barn Owls to fight rodent menace
Enviro & Biodiversity
UK has become the first country to declare a ‘climate emergency’
Global Assessment Report by IPBES
Grizzled Giant Squirrel
Purple frog set to be crowned Kerala’s state amphibian
[op-ed snap] One million species face extinction: Why biodiversity report matters
How China, followed by India, has led greening efforts across world
[op-ed snap] From Idai to Fani
[op-ed snap] No courts for women
Home Ministry terminates ‘Black List’ of Indian-origin people
WHO for eliminating industrially produced trans fats by 2023
India facing critical shortage of healthcare providers: WHO
[op-ed snap] The quest for a military footprint
India re-elected as observer to Arctic Council
[op-ed snap] Taking tensions seriously
[op-ed snap] Loud and clear
[op-ed snap] Endless war
[op-ed snap] A fraught moment: U.S.-China trade war
[op-ed snap] Gulf warning
Commonwealth Secretariat Arbitrary Tribunal
Zero Pendency Courts Project
Sub-categorization of OBCs
Supreme Court pushes for ‘full’ strength of 31
Sand, a global sustainability challenge: UN report
[op-ed snap] Surveillance wars in space
Indian scientists discover how serotonin helps brain cells cope with stress
NASA spacecraft to hit an asteroid in 2022
Fourth Scorpene-class submarine INS Vela launched
IAF gets first Apache Guardian attack helicopter
Exercise Group Sail
Arts and culture
Thailand’s cultural roots with India
Genetic Study on people of Lakshadweep Islands
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Surveilance war in space
- Global report on extinction of species
- Zero pendency court project
- US china Trade War
- Instability in Gulf
- Gender disparity in Courts
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.