We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
- [Op-ed snap] Regulator needs to address risks to financial stability
- Green Channel Combination
- Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) Programme
- [op-ed snap] The great disruption of 2016
- [op-ed snap] A land of missed calls and revised deadlines
- Global Competitiveness Index 2019
- Slowdown in the credit flow
- Can the government intercept WhatsApp?
- Small businesses provide most jobs in underdeveloped, developing nations: ILO
- [op-ed snap] The efficiency promise of the bankruptcy code
- India’s industrial production shrinks 1.1% in August
- [op-ed snap] The policy way out
- Issues in cooperative banks
Enviro & Biodiversity
- The fight over Mumbai’s Aarey Colony
- Evolution of Universe after the Big Bang
- Graded Response Action Plan
- [oped of the day] Rethinking water management issues
- GEMINI system to aid fishermen
- Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)
- World Vision Report
- [op-ed snap] Uncaging India
- WHO India Country Cooperation Strategy 2019–2023
- Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme (PMILP) – ‘DHRUV’
- Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Programme
- [op-ed snap] The minimum wage solution
- Government launches SUMAN scheme, assures free medicines for pregnant women
- [oped of the day] Let’s use cognitive science insights for better learning
- Satnami Rebellion
- Mahabalipuram’s China connection
- Turkish offensive in Syria
- India-Bangladesh relations
- [oped of the day] Techno-Politics: Focus on China’s facial recognition technologies
- Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) 2019
- Modi-Xi ‘Informal Summit’
[op-ed snap] Privacy rights & wrongs 54
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry: for Lithium ion battery
- 82 Moons orbiting Saturn
- [op-ed snap] How things work
- Elastocaloric effect
- Ionospheric Connection Explorer
- [oped of the day] On AI, various government agencies have conflicting and confusing strategies
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.