We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
[pib] World Food India 2019
REN21’s Renewable 2019 Global Status Report
[op-ed snap] Serious concerns over Bt brinjal
[op-ed snap] Building confidence, BIT by BIT
Kolhapuri chappal gets GI Tag
[op-ed snap] Arbitration par charcha
National Freight Index
Enviro & Biodiversity
United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
India unlikely to meet carbon sink commitment
[op-ed snap] Unleashing the potential of urban India
[op-ed snap] A blinkered understanding of migration
Govt. sacks tainted officers
[op-ed snap] Preventing violence: on protection to doctors
[op-ed snap] A failing state
AWaRe: A WHO tool for safer use of antibiotics
Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR)
[op-ed snap] The next structural change’
[op-ed snap] The forgotten funds
[op-ed snap] A stable plane
[op-ed snap] Smart diplomacy in five moves
[op-ed snap] Why South Asia must cooperate
Speaker of the Lok Sabha
Facebook’s cryptocurrency ‘Libra’
[op-ed snap] AI for public health
And these issues will be covered in detail
- AI for public health
- Unleashing the potential of urban India
- REN21’s Renewable 2019 Global Status Report
- BT Brinjal
- South Asia must cooperate
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.