We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
[pib] Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF)
[op-ed snap] Beyond the free trade idealism
RBI divests entire stake in NHB, NABARD
Supreme Court directs RBI to alter disclosure policy
Enviro & Biodiversity
Green issues in J&K
Global Deal for Nature (GDN)
Emperor Penguin colony in Antarctica vanishes
Wild Food Plants
Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kits
Kumbh brought Allahabad to verge of an epidemic, says NGT
World’s first Malaria Vaccine: RTS,S (Mosquirix)
WHO guidelines on physical activity for children under 5 years of age
Dentists can practise as General Physicians after bridge course
Khasi ‘kingdoms’ to revisit 1947 agreements
Global Talent Competitiveness Index 2019
U.S. ends waiver for India on Iran oil
One belt one road initiative
Terror attack in Srilanka
[op-ed snap] A natural next step
[op-ed snap] India’s perilous obsession with Pakistan
Right to travel abroad is a basic human right: SC
Explained: What happens when judges face allegations?
[op-ed snap] In defence of hung House
[op-ed snap] Just recompense
[op-ed snap] CJI Sexual Harassment Case: How Fragile Is Judicial Independence?
Bacteriophages in Ganga Water
Soon, heritage by-laws for Purana Qila, Khair-ul-Manazil
Scientists create speech from brain signals
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Iran oil Crisis
- Judiciary Transparency and independence issues
- India Pakistan Trade across LoC
- Terror Attack on Sri Lanka
- Ganga Water
- India’s issues with Belt road Initiative
- Indsutrial Policy changes to boost growth
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.