We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
Prelims issue# RBI introduces Complaint Management System (CMS)
Mains issue# [op-ed snap] Power play
Prelims issue# Surjit Bhalla Committee on Trade and Policy
Prelims issue# Various loan schemes for weaker sections
Prelims issue# National Freight Index (NFI)
[op-ed snap] The savings dilemma
Prelims issue# Fall Army Worm
Enviro & Biodiversity
Prelims issue# ‘Jal Hi Jiwan’ Scheme in Haryana
Mains issue# [op-ed snap] Paving a green path
Mains issue# [op-ed snap] Things to do to avoid another water crisis
Prelims issue# Resilient Kerala Program
Explained: Debate over Data Localization
Prelims issue# National Archives of India
Mains issue# NITI Aayog “Healthy States, Progressive India” Report and Health Index 2019
Mains issue# [op-ed snap] The state of Indian prisons
Prelims issue# Govt. to start Jal Shakti Abhiyan for 255 water-stressed districts
Mains issue# [op-ed snap] Not just pipes and tankers
Mains issue# ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ Scheme
Prelims issue# National Mission on Natural Language Translation
Mains issue# [op-ed snap] A policy to regulate coaching centres
Mains issue# [op-ed snap] Rethink poverty — and policy
Mains issue# Education Quality Upgradation and Inclusion Programme (EQUIP)
Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
Mains issue# India’s non-permanent membership of UNSC
Prelims issue# Ahmedabad-Kobe Sister City Partnership
Mains issue# Iran-USA dispute & its Implications for India
Explained: Constructive Vote of No-confidence
Mains issue # Thorium-Based Nuclear Reactors
Prelims issue# New Space India Limited (NSIL)
Prelims issue# Proton Therapy
Mains issue# Space Activities Bill
Mains issue# [op-ed snap] What it would take for India to become a proper space power
Prelims issue# Pilot Scheme for distribution of Fortified Rice through PDS
Prelims issue# India develops new groundnut line with desirable oil quality
Prelims issue# Exercise Garuda-VI
Explained: The enduring legacy of Maharaja Ranjit Singh
Prelims issue# Zonal Cultural Centres (ZCCs)
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Data localisation
- Space power
- Indis USA trade Dispute
- Saving and investment in Indian Economy
- Water Crisis
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.