Here are Back2Basics collections from today’s news items
B2B #1: From news – [pib] India to host European Union Film Festival
- The EU consists of 28 countries, has the world’s largest economy and its third largest population, after China and India.
- The Maastricht Treaty established the European Union in 1993 and introduced European citizenship.
- They have set up common institutions so that decisions on matters of joint interest can be made democratically at European level.
- By creating a frontier-free single market and a single currency (the euro) which has been adopted by 19 Member States, the EU has given a significant boost to trade and employment.
- UK was the last member to leave EU after Greece , popularly known as Brexit.
B2B #2: From news – Blue revolution a bane of Kolleru
- Kolleru Lake is a freshwater lake and is known as Ramsar site no. 1209.
- It is located between Krishna and Godavari deltas of Andhra Pradesh
- As a haven for a wide-variety of water birds, the Forest Department has declared 673 sq.km (Con.+5) as the Kolleru Wildlife Sanctuary.
- It is an Important Bird Area on the Central Asian Flyway.
- It is important habitat for resident and migratory birds, including the grey or spot-billed pelican (Pelecanus philippensis). Many birds migrate here in winter, such as Siberian crane, ibis, and painted storks.
Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Name : The Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia (CICA)
Brief Intro : The Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia (CICA) is an inter-governmental forum for enhancing cooperation towards promoting peace, security and stability in Asia. It is a forum based on the recognition that there is close link between peace, security and stability in Asia and in the rest of the world.
Objective : enhancing cooperation towards promoting peace, security and stability in Asia
Type : Summit/ Conference
Category : Economy
Year : 1999
Place : Almaty