Prelims Spotlight is a part of “Nikaalo Prelims 2020” module. This open crash course for Prelims 2020 has a private telegram group where PDFs and DDS (Daily Doubt Sessions) are being held. Please click here to register.
Important Sessions of Indian National Congress
21 April 2020
Important sessions of Congress
- 1885- 1st, Bombay, presided by W.C. Banerjee
- 1887- Badruddin Tyabji became 1st Muslim to preside over congress session
- 1907- Surat, Ras Bihari Ghosh not Bose, split in Congress between moderates and extremists
- 1916- Lucknow, Reunion on congress, Lucknow pact between Congress and Muslim league
- 1919 – Amritsar, Motilal Nehru Jallianwala Bagh Massacre is condemned
- 1920 – Nagpur C.Vijayraghavachair a new constitution for reorganized
- 1924 – Belgaum Mahatma Gandhi.
- 1927 – Madras M.A.Ansari, adoption of Independent Resolution, resolved to boycott the Simon Commission
- 1929- Lahore, J.L. Nehru, Purna Swaraj Resolution
- 1931- Karachi, Vallabh Bhai, Resolution on Fundamental Rights and National Economic Programme.
- 1936 – April, Lucknow Jawaharlal Nehru, urged the Congress to adopt Socialism as its goal
- 1938- Haripura, S.C. Bose, National Planning Committee under J.L. Nehru
Leaders of the session
- Womesh Chandra Bonnerjee was the president of the first session of the Indian National Congress.
- Annie Beasant was the first female President of the Indian National Congress.
- Sarojini Naidu was the first Indian woman president of the Indian National Congress.
- Badruddin Tyabji was the first Muslim President of the Indian National
- Rahimtulla Sayani was the second Muslim President of the Indian National
- George Yule was the first European President of the Indian National Congress.
- Dadhabhai Naoroji was the first Parsi President of the Indian National Congress.
- Sankaran Narayan was the first & the only Keralite President of the Indian National Congress Session.
- Hakim Ajmal Khan was the only person to be appointed as the President of INC, All India Muslim League & All India Khilafat Committee.