Here are Back2Basics collections from today’s news items
B2B #1: From news – [pib] Cabinet approves Repositioning of North Eastern Council
North Eastern Council
- North Eastern Council (NEC) was constituted as a statutory advisory body under the NEC Act 1971 and came into being on the 7th November 1972 at Shillong.
- NEC was established under the North Eastern Council Act, 1971 as an apex level body for securing balanced and coordinated development and facilitating coordination with the States.
- Sikkim was added to the council in the year 2002
- Subsequent to the Amendment of 2002, NEC has been mandated to function as a regional planning body for the North Eastern
- While formulating a regional plan for this area, shall give priority to the schemes and projects benefiting two or more states.
- In case of Sikkim, the Council shall formulate specific projects and schemes for that
Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Name : GOLD and ICON Mission
Details : To explore the earth’s ionosphere.
Agency : NASA