‘It’s never about breaking records or beating someone but doing your best to improve yourself.’-Civilsdaily
1. About Mantri Mourya Bhardwaj- His UPSC journey and hobbies
|Name||Mantri Mourya Bhardwaj|
|Resident||Anakapalle, Andhra Pradesh|
|All India Rank||28|
He was an active student of CivilsDaily’s Mentorship program and took guidance in all stages of preparation. He thanked CD’s senior mentors and faculties for his top rank on UPSC 2021 merit list.
2. Family and Education
|Father||Satya Prasad, a headmaster in a local government school.|
|Mother||Radha Kumar, a pharmacist in a government hospital.|
Mantri’s Educational Background:
- He completed his graduation in Electrical and Communication Engineering from NIT Warangal in 2014
- Later he joined MNC in Hyderabad as Electrical Engineer
3. UPSC Strategy
He resigned from his job and started preparing for the UPSC exam. But success did not come so easily. After failing to make it to the Civils in the first three attempts, he returned to his software profession for his livelihood. But, he did not give up, with the encouragement from my parents, he made it finally.
He, in a candid conversation with his mentor Sukanya Ma’am, shared his thought.
- For prelims he joined our Smash Prelims.
- For mains he regularly gave some effort to make answer structure better.
- He started UPSC preparation 4 years ago by studying NCERTs.
- Since current affairs are possibly the most significant part of the IAS exam he backed his preparation with day-to-day newspaper readings to give sufficient focus to the happenings nationally and internationally.
- he joined a few online mock test series for Prelims and mains.
- He was meticulous about study materials. he consolidated his study materials and revised them as many times as he could.
- Be patient and stay focused all the time.
- Always tried to improve his performance.
- made his own notes.
- From the very starting, he carried his preparation under senior teachers and mentors.
He didn’t follow any super different strategy of planning. he executed the same strategy differently.
4. Mantri Mourya’s Notes & Booklist
Modern Indian History:
- Indian struggles for Independence by Bipin Chandra
Art & Culture:
Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
- Ethics and integrity by Subba Rao and PN Rao Chaudhary
- Sukanya Rana’s notes
Certificate Physical and human geography by GC Leong
Indian Geography by Majid Hussain
Challenges to Internal Security of India by Ashok Kumar
5. Motivation and inspiration
Maurya Bharadwaj said that patience and perseverance are very important to crack the UPSC Civil Services Exam. He said that his childhood dream has been fulfilled for the fifth time after failing in four exams. Maurya, who dreamed of becoming an IAS officer since childhood, expressed joy at making his family proud. He says that his aim now is to make the entire country proud by working as an IAS officer in health and education fields. His main aim to crack UPSC was to serve his society better he showed his gratitude to his teachers and mentors who were the real torch bearer all along the crooked path of UPSC.
Civilsdaily heartily congratulated him on his grand success and wish the brightness of his determination will light up the path to his future.