Do you know what UPSC expects from an aspirant? Have you had a look at Pre 2021 paper? It can be taken as a watershed moment. If you feel you’re at the crossroads this is for you.
In 2020, Civilsdaily helped 80+ Civilsdaily students secured ranks in the exam and 30 secured ranks in the top 100. And now, it’s time to look ahead.
The 10th Oct 2021 in many ways was a watershed moment for IAS aspirants. Prelims 2021 has shocked veterans and baffled the first-timers. If anything this paper has taught is that you need to adapt to the expectations of UPSC and adopt a new approach.
UPSC is changing. No more is it about isolating yourself and just doing current affairs, static, attending random classes, or reading a plethora of books. It’s time to bury the old ways for IAS preparation, for good.
We’ve had a discussion with around 3500 IAS aspirants (beginners and veterans) last month and all of them had doubts related to either sources and books or answer writing and even essays and interviews.
To borrow from the parable of ‘blind men and the elephant’ almost all of these aspirants were trying to make sense of UPSC but unable to look at the whole picture. You need to tackle that ‘elephant in the room’. Look at the holistic picture. First, understand what it stands for, what expectations do they have from you, then understand how to fulfill them, then plan and move forward.
Broadly, six factors determine your success in cracking this prestigious IAS exam and the most important being understanding the expectations of UPSC and according to that planning and strategizing; other being Learning – Knowledge and information; Analyzing – making linkages, connections, etc.; Executing and utilizing information; and Constant course correction – because mistakes are inevitable, need to rectify them asap.
But how to do that?
Failing to tackle any one of them, feeds into a vicious cycle. Without guidance or mentoring, understanding where the problem lies in and how to rectify it becomes problematic.
This is where our 3 tier mentoring comes in:
1. First step starts with this Samanvaya call: Once you fill in the form, our senior mentors get on a 30-40 minute call with you to understand your prep level, working/ study constraints, current strategies, and create a step by step plan for next week, next month and so on.
2. You are given access to our invite-only chat platform, Habitat where you can ask your daily doubts, discuss your test-prep questions and have real-time, live sessions on news and op-eds, and find your optional groups.
3. The third and the most personalized tier is the 1 on 1 mentor allotment who stays with you through the course of your UPSC preparation – always-on chat and on scheduled calls to help you assess, evaluate, and chart the next milestone of your IAS 2022 journey.
(Civilsdaily’s mentor will call you within 24 hours.)
Who are you?
- Working Junta? If you are preparing for IAS 2022 and working simultaneously, we can help you strategize and decipher the IAS exam and design a timetable that fits right in your hectic schedule.
- First-time prep? If you are in the last year of college or thinking of dropping a year and preparing for IAS 2022 full time, we can help you pick the right books and craft a practical & personal strategy.
Once done, we will call you within 24 hours or so.