UPSC Mains 2021 has started today with the GS 1 Paper. You can view the UPSC IAS Mains 2021 GS 1 Paper in the text format and in the picture given above.
Those who are not attempting 2021 exam will get an idea that this year’s paper has taken the candidates by surprise as usual. In fact, the ‘U’ in UPSC stands for Unpredictable. However, 60% of the questions have come from Civilsdaily Mains Test Series. Here are the questions from our test series which was asked again (but framed differently) by UPSC
1. What are landslides and their types? What are the causes of these and what steps should be taken in order to prevent loss of life and property due to landslides?
2. What do you understand about the Gig economy? Discuss the significance of the sector in the Indian Economy which is reeling under pressure from the pandemic and subdued employment generation. Going ahead, what according to you are the issues associated with this sector?
3. Explain the concept of Permafrost thawing. With reference to it, discuss the major impact it will have on the Arctic region.
4. Monotheism and polytheism as separate ideologies have benefited equally from the Bhakti movements in India. Justify.
5. What do you understand about cryptocurrency? It is said that it has the potential to galvanise social development in India. Examine
6. Explain the socio-religious reform movements with special reference to Young Bengal and Brahmo Samaj.
7. What is the contribution of moderates to the freedom movement?
8. Evaluate the nature of the Bhakti Literature and its contribution to Indian culture.
9. Explain the contribution of Mahatma Gandhi during Non-Cooperation Movement and Civil Disobedience Movement.
10. Examine the environmental implications of the volcano eruptions in 2021.
11. Explain the issues faced in integrating princely states after independence.
Try to answer these questions. In case you are facing any difficulties, fill the form below for a dedicated Civilsdaily mentor to give you a strategy call in 24 hours. Share us your burdens and concerns, we are waiting to resolve them.
PAPER – 1
Q1. Evaluate the nature of the Bhakti Literature and its contribution to Indian culture. (Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q2. Trace the rise and growth of socio-religious reform movements with special reference to Young Bengal and Brahmo Samaj. (Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q3. Assess the main administrative issues and socio-cultural problems in the integration process of Indian Princely States. (Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q4. Differentiate the causes of landslides in the Himalayan region and Western Ghats. (Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q5. Despite India being one of the countries of the Gondwanaland, its mining industry contributes much less to its Gross Domestic Product(GDP) in percentage. Discuss.(Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q6. What are the environmental implications of the reclamation of the water bodies into urban land use? Explain with examples. (Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q7. Mention the global occurrence of volcanic eruptions in 2021 and their impact on regional environment. (Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q8. Why is India considered as a sub-continent? Elaborate your answer. (Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q9. Examine the uniqueness of tribal knowledge system when compared with mainstream knowledge and cultural systems. (Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q10. Examine the role of ‘Gig Economy’ in the process of empowerment of women in India. (Answer in 150 words) 10 marks
Q11. To what extent did the role of the moderates prepare a base for the wider freedom movement? Comment. (Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Q12. Bring out the constructive programmes of Mahatma Gandhi during Non-Cooperation Movement and Civil Disobedience Movement. (Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Q13. “There arose a serious challenge to the Democratic State System between the two World Wars.” Evaluate the statement. (Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Q14. Briefly mention the alignment of major mountain ranges of the world and explain their impact on local weather conditions, with examples. (Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Q15. How do the melting of the Arctic ice and glaciers of the Antarctic differently affect the weather patterns and human activities on the Earth? Explain. (Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Q16. Discuss the multi-dimensional implications of uneven distribution of mineral oil in the world. (Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Q17. What are the main socio-economic implications arising out of the development of IT industries in major cities of India? (Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Q18. Discuss the main objectives of Population Education and point out the measures to achieve them in India in detail. (Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Q19. What is Cryptocurrency? How does it affect global society? Has it been affecting Indian society also?(Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Q20. How does Indian society maintain continuity in traditional social values? Enumerate the changes taking place in it.(Answer in 250 words) 15 marks
Advice for UPSC 2022 Aspirants by 2017 GS Topper Sajal Sir
History might seem like a cake walk this year but do not underestimate UPSC in this section. Students should prepare all sections well in history. Start preparing your World Geography examples and notes as well. You can also practice some world maps to get that extra mark in the paper. Usually students do not spend much time on the Society section, so this year’s experience tells us not to ignore this section as it also has scope for innovative thinking.