Bihar is a state in eastern India. It is the 12th largest state in terms of geographical size and 3rd largest by population.
Almost 58% of Biharis are below the age of 25, which is the highest proportion in India.
Bihar is the most intimately linked to the Buddha’s life, resulting in a trail of pilgrimages which have come to be known as the Buddhist circuit. The Buddha spent five years at Rajgir after having attained enlightenment, and many of the remains at Rajgir commemorate various incidents related to life of Buddha.
Comments from @root
- – This is the official thread for Bihar’s Current Affairs
- – The thread is moderated by the owner and his/ her peers from the same state. What to expect here?
- – State Specific Schemes and Initiatives (helps in GS answers and essays)
- – Culture related stuff in news (helps you learn the static history part when the festival is celebrated + some additional info)
- – Unique practices (GI Tags news etc OR some innovative techniques)
- – Governance initiatives (some case study/ news of in-service officers)
- – Anything which escapes the national conscience in general due to bias media coverage
Why do we need separate threads for each state?
- – Read the major announcement here – The Importance of Local News for IAS Prelims & Mains
- – Find the list of state specific news threads here – State’s News Daily