We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
India highest recipient of remittances in 2018: World Bank
[op-ed snap]Drastic reforms needed to bridge inequality
[Op-ed Snap] Agricultural policy needs to shift to a pro-farmer focus
Bamboo Rice shows up in Odisha
RailWire Wi-Fi Zones
Environment & Biodiversity
Discolouration of Periyar
[op-ed snap] India stares at pile of solar e-waste
[op-ed snap]US vs Europe in India
Centre denies RTI plea on CIC appointments
[op-ed snap]Is there a problem with the 10% quota?
[op-ed snap]Rafale rebuff
PCI issues guidelines for objective reporting on polls
9 professionals selected as joint secys in biggest lateral induction into govt service
Explained: A new high in Maldives
US names Iran’s Revolutionary Guards a terrorist group
IMO’s new rule on electronic information exchange between ships and ports comes into force
PM to get Russia’s highest civilian award
[op-ed snap]Open up the Supreme Court
[op-ed snap] Trickeries of the money bill
[op-ed snap] Election Omission
[op-ed snap] Bonds and binds
Science Tech & Art Culture
Explained: Snapping of Black Hole
IIT Bombay’s bacteria preferentially degrade aromatic compounds
India, US set up first ever secure communication link under COMCASA
Exercise Bold Kurukshetra
Army gets Dhanush artillery guns
[op-ed snap] Jallianwala Bagh massacre:
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Election Commission
- Money Bill
- Electoral Bonds
- Agricultural Policies
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.