We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On a daily basis, the news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar Manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
Ind AS (Indian Accounting Standard)
[op-ed snap] A sour taste
Global Energy Transition Index
Regulatory Sandbox for Fintech firms
Time to have an institutional mechanism like Fiscal Council to enforce rules: NK Singh
GI Certification for five varieties of Indian coffee
Enviro & Biodiversity
Urban areas cooler than non-urban regions during heat waves
Rising sea levels to affect water table along Chennai’s shoreline
How rocks in Meghalaya cave connect Northeast monsoon to El Niño
India’s carbon dioxide emissions up 5%: IEA Report
Arctic warming may lead to prolonged droughts: Study
Island Protection Zone (IPZ), 2019
[op-ed snap] A stop sign
Young Scientist Programme (YUVIKA)
Govt. notifies new rules for drugs, clinical trials
[op-ed snap]A bridge to nowhere
Global Multidimensional Poverty Report 2018
[op-ed snap] Slow on sanitation
Centre should address States’ concern on GST transfers
[op-ed snap] The shape of an urban employment guarantee
[op-ed snap]Parallel tracks on trade ties
World Food Programme
Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS)
Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) Survey
[op-ed snap]The point of having democracy
Article 370 issues
Sharda Peeth Corridor
How researchers used science to show Bengal famine was man-made
Young Scientist Programme (YUVIKA)
PSLV-C45/ Emisat Mission
Mission Shakti (Anti-Satellite Missile Test)
Humans can detect the earth’s magnetic fields
The government sets up group to monitor terror sympathizers
CH47 Chinook heavy-lift Choppers
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Fiscal council
- Gaza issue
- Urban heat island issue
- IEA report
- Global multidimensional poverty report 2018
- Fiscal federalism
- ADR survey
- Article 370
- Mission Shakti
- GRAPES 3 experiment
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach toward prelims and mains, join Samachar Manthan here.