Here are Back2Basics collections from today’s news items
B2B #1: From news – India’s proposed Assumption Island deal stands cancelled
SAGAR Programme (Security and Growth for All in the Region)
- SAGAR is a term coined by PM Modi in 2015 during his Mauritius visit with a focus on blue economy.
- It is a maritime initiative which gives priority to Indian Ocean region for ensuring peace, stability and prosperity of India in Indian Ocean region.
- The goal is to seek a climate of trust and transparency; respect for international maritime rules and norms by all countries; sensitivity to each other`s interests; peaceful resolution of maritime issues; and increase in maritime cooperation.
- It is in line with the principles of Indian Ocean Rim Association.
IORA (Indian Ocean Rim Association)
- Established in 1997 in Ebene Cyber City, Mauritius
- First established as Indian Ocean Rim Initiative in Mauritius on March 1995 and formally launched in 1997 by the conclusion of a multilateral treaty known as the Charter of the Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional Cooperation.
- It is based on the principles of Open Regionalism for strengthening Economic Cooperation particularly on Trade Facilitation and Investment, Promotion as well as Social Development of the region.
B2B #2: From news – New health scheme flawed: IMA
Indian Medical Association
- The IMA is a national voluntary organization of Doctors of Modern Scientific System of Medicine in India, which looks after the interest of doctors as well as the well being of the community at large.
- It was established in 1928 as the All India Medical Association, renamed “Indian Medical Association” in 1930 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
- It is a society registered under The Societies Act of India, 1860.
- It delegates its powers to a Working Committee (A representative body of all state Branches) for implementation of programmes and activities.
- The Indian Medical Association is a founder member of the World Medical Association.
Here’s a Factoid to brush up your concepts
Name of the scheme : DigiShala
Objectives : To promote cashless transactions
Salient Features : 1.DigiShala is dedicated 24*7 and 365 days free-to-air TV channel to inform citizens about digital payment ecosystem, benefits and processes. 2.It is a satellite channel managed by Doordarshan (DD). It will be broadcasted nationally on DD Free Dish DTH service. 3.It will be available through GSAT15 (DD Direct DTH), 93.5 degree East, Receive frequency: 11590 Mhz. Through it, citizens will be informed and educated about various digital payment options through step by step demos of digital payments using e-wallets, UPI, USSD, Aadhaar-enabled payment systems and cards.
Nodal Ministry : The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY)