Q.1) National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) is a constituent board under the:
a) Bureau of Indian Standards
b) Quality Council of India
c) National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority
d) None of the above
Inspired by: [pib] NABL launches Quality Assurance Scheme for Basic Composite Medical Laboratories
Q.2) With reference to the “Dictionary of Martyrs” Project, which of the given statements is/are correct?
- It is a project commissioned under the Ministry of Culture.
- It is launched to commemorate platinum jubilee of India’s independence.
- It also includes ex-INA or ex-military personnel who died fighting the British.
Select the correct options:
a) 1, 2 and 3
b) 1 and 3
c) 2 and 3
d) Only 1
Inspired by: [pib] Dictionary of Martyrs of India’s Freedom Struggle (1857-1947)
Q.3) Consider the following statements:
- The Indian Official Secrets Act (OSA) was first enacted during the time of Lord Curzon.
- Public servants are not obliged to give any information terming it a “secret” when asked under the RTI Act.
- The OSA explicitly defines “official secrets”.
Which of the given statements is/are incorrect?
a) 1 and 3
b) Only 2
c) Only 3
Inspired by: Explained: India’s Official Secrets Act, its history and use
Q.4) It was one of the early planned cities in post-independent India and is internationally known for its architecture and urban design for half a million Partition-uprooted people. The master plan of the city was prepared by Swiss-French architect Le Corbusier.
Which city is referred to in this description?
Inspired by: The Hindu
Q.5) The International Finance Corporations offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in developing countries. It is an institution under:
c) World Bank
Inspired by:The Indian Express
For Solutions – Click Here
Prelims Daily Archive – Click here