We understand that the UPSC exam is a generalist exam. It’s more important to cover more issues than to cover one issue in more depth. Hence, through Samachar Manthan, we are trying to maintain a fine balance of covering many important news items and having a detailed discussion on selected topics which require the same. On daily basis a news gets repeated multiple times. Scattered knowledge is not adequately useful when you have to write a 200 words answer within 6-7 minutes. To handle this, Samachar manthan covers such issues in a comprehensive and consolidated manner which is the smart strategy.
- Packed 3 – 3.5 hours Weekly videos will focus on news and its importance from both prelims and mains perspective.
- This program will also help you understand how to utilize current affairs in all your prelims and mains papers.
- This ideology makes this course the best utilization of your time.
- Detailed coverage would mean analysis from all the angles like background or history, features, significance, challenges and way forward. Also, multiple sources like epw, diplomat magazine etc will be referred to in the video lectures.
- Such an approach will help in writing multidimensional answers.
- Also which part of the topic is important from mains and prelims perspective will also be discussed.
- Audio Visual Learning is more impactful than simply glancing through the material. So that you are able to retain information for long also interlink with any new information you get.
- 4 stage structure of Video->Notes->testing->review to perfect your preparation
- The sequence of video->Notes->testing->review is the best way to ensure maximum retention and a rock solid preparation. Each component of the program has been meticulously crafted.
For example this week, we will be covering the following issues;
This Week’s Hottest Stories
Global Geological And Climatic Events(2 Newscards)
Foreign Policy Watch: Cross-Border Terrorism(2 Newscards)
History- Important places, persons in news(2 Newscards)
Climate Change Impact on India and World – International Reports, Key Observations, etc.(2 Newscards)
Delhi Full Statehood Issue(2 Newscards)
RBI Notifications(2 Newscards)
Air Pollution(2 Newscards)
Citizenship and Related Issues(2 Newscards)
Ishad Mango is under the threat of becoming rare
Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights (PPV&FR) Act, 2001
[op-ed snap] An employment-oriented economic policy
[op-ed snap] Saving BSNL
[op-ed snap] GST buoyancy
[op-ed snap] Boardroom rot
Enviro & Biodiversity
Committee constituted to oversee clean air programme
Indian subcontinent’s collision with Asia boosted oxygen in world’s oceans
Kashmir Stag (Hangul)
Explained: Cyclone Fani- an unusual storm
Explained: Naming of cyclones
Ross Ice Shelf
[op-ed snap] The cost of antimicrobial resistance
SC view on foreigner’s detention defies constitutional obligations
[op-ed snap] No good options in Afghanistan
[op-ed snap] Wrong step
UNSC designates Masood Azhar as global terrorist
[op-ed snap] A global label
Contempt of Court
Supreme Court seeks ECs reply on voter prosecution
LG’s role in Puducherry
Explained: Age of consent & age gap under POCSO Act
[op-ed snap] Power shift
U.S. Commission says religious freedom in India deteriorated in 2018
Science Tech Art Culture
750th birth anniversary of Vedanta Desikan
Rare life-size stucco figurine unearthed in Telangana
ISRO plans to launch radar imaging satellite in May
Army invokes emergency powers for missiles deal
[pib] Exercise Varuna 19.1
M.N. Roy and his contribution for anti-colonial struggle in India
And these issues will be covered in detail
- Gadchiroli attacks
- LG’s role in Puducherry
- Cyclone Fani- an unusual storm
- An employment-oriented economic policy
- Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers’ Rights
- Climate Change Impact on India and World
So to be thorough in your preparation and to have an integrated approach, join Samachar Manthan here.